It had several purposes:
1. Celebrate the end of classes and start of summer!
2. An opportunity for the youth to invite non-Christian friends to a fun event and show them Christ in a different way
3. Build upon the camaraderie and unity of the group
4. Make new friends
5. Make them do crazy things…just for fun :)
It was an AWESOME 24 hours…with little to NO sleep! Roberto and I started chopping and cooking first thing Friday morning. The kids arrived late Friday afternoon and the first event started at 5pm. The kids arrived and were separated into teams of 4-5. Teams were able to earn points in each of the main events, by arriving on-time to an event and then we built in some other times to earn points. Teams were playing for a extra large pizza dinner w/salads and beverages at a nice restaurant in town. Then the members of the winning teams played for a new microwave…this was HUGE as most homes do not even have a microwave.
1. Find your team flag
2. Build a fire and see who can keep their fire going the longest (two still had flames at 4am and one lasted all night long…even through the rain!!)
3. Table games
4. Human wheelbarrow races…in the mud (yay it rained Friday night)
5. Challenge scavenger hunt in town
6. Tug of war
7. Races in the mud
*8. Twister among winning team members to see who got the ultimate prize…THE MICROWAVE
Prayers were answered! There were NO major injuries…Kids had great attitudes and worked together…we had 3 new kids come and they were accepted by the others without any problems…and WE ALL had GOOD, CLEAN FUN!
Check out some of the pictures from EXTREME CAMP!